Friday, September 30, 2011
Gates Foundation: Three Obvious Solutions Ignored
I saw Melinda Gates on TV the other day, saying the Gates Foundation (to which Warren Buffet gives billions) is focused on “solving” three big problems in the world: malaria, polio, and government schools in America.
But these problems have already been solved, have they not? What is the mystery? Malaria? Established solution: DDT; Polio? Established solution: Jonas Salk’s vaccine; Government schools? Established solution: Private , profit-making schools (i.e., capitalism).
Why are these known solutions not adopted worldwide? Because socialists and environmentalists oppose them. Yet while the Gates Foundation seeks “solutions,” it supports these opponents of the existing solutions.
- Book Review: The Bourgeois Virtues: Ethics for an Age of Commerce
- The Educational Bonanza in Privatizing Government Schools
Image: Wikipedia Commons
Posted in: Education Policy
- Next Post: Ayn Rand’s Theory of Rights at Students for Liberty Conference
- Previous Post: Of Saudi Savages and American Children
If you enjoy TOS Blog please make a donation to keep us blogging
- Announcements (152)
- Events (36)
- Ayn Rand and Objectivism (74)
- Business and Economics (61)
- Education and Pedagogy (22)
- Environmentalism (42)
- Foreign Policy and War (147)
- History (53)
- Individual Rights and Law (462)
- Philosophy (79)
- Ethics (16)
- Presidential Candidates (69)
- Productivity (15)
- Psychology (4)
- Religion (99)
- Romance (2)
- Science and Technology (86)
- Sports (11)
- The Arts (31)
Ideas presented in posts on TOS Blog are those of the authors of the posts and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Objective Standard. TOS Blog is powered by WordPress.