Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Philippines: Destroy the Moro Islamic Liberation Front
The Philippine government has announced that peace talks with the Islamist separatist group, the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF), is nearing a stalemate, as the MILF is demanding its own autonomous Islamic state within the Philippines.
The problem here is not the stalemate, but the negotiations.
The MILF is a violent Islamist insurgency that has committed atrocity after atrocity against the Filipino people. In 2007—during peace talks—the MILF murdered fourteen marines, beheading ten of them. In 2011—again during peace talks—the MILF ambushed a platoon of Filipino soldiers, murdering nineteen, six of whom were executed in captivity.
And that’s just a drop in the bloodbath. The MILF has murdered (i.e. is morally responsible for the deaths of) 150,000 Filipinos—and counting.
For the Philippine government to negotiate with these monsters is an outrage. The rights of innocent Filipinos to live their lives is non-negotiable.
What should the government do? It should cease all negotiations with the MILF and unwaveringly and unabashedly pursue its swift destruction.
If you enjoyed this post, consider subscribing to The Objective Standard and making objective journalism a regular part of your life.
- “No Substitute for Victory” The Defeat of Islamic Totalitarianism
- Around the World: “The Communist War against the Philippines and Why It Rages On”
- Philippines: Destroy the Abu Sayyaf
- William Tecumseh Sherman and the Moral Impetus for Victory
- Philippines: The Aquino Government Coddles the Communists Again
Image: Wikimedia Commons
- Next Post: Supreme Court Properly Slaps Down EPA’s Assault on Property Owners, But . . .
- Previous Post: Reconsidering Greg Smith’s Goldman Sachs Op-Ed
Join Our Mailing List
If you enjoy TOS Blog please make a donation to keep us blogging
- Announcements (170)
- Events (36)
- Ayn Rand and Objectivism (84)
- Business and Economics (79)
- Culture (69)
- Education and Pedagogy (23)
- Environmentalism (52)
- Foreign Policy and War (156)
- History (61)
- Individual Rights and Law (597)
- Abortion and Reproduction (20)
- Antitrust (15)
- Banking and Monetary Policy (7)
- Criminal Justice (5)
- Education Policy (50)
- Free Speech (32)
- Gay Issues (5)
- Guns and Self Defense (10)
- Health Care (91)
- Immigration (5)
- Libertarianism (7)
- Property Rights (15)
- Regulations (47)
- Taxation (32)
- The Left (7)
- Unions (5)
- Welfare and Subsidies (19)
- Philosophy (99)
- Ethics (35)
- Politicians and Candidates (73)
- Productivity (16)
- Psychology (5)
- Reason at Large (11)
- Religion (121)
- Romance (2)
- Science and Technology (119)
- Uncategorized (1)
Ideas presented in posts on TOS Blog are those of the authors of the posts and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Objective Standard. TOS Blog is powered by WordPress.