Sunday, December 30, 2012
Peter Schiff: The Ability to Steal Doesn’t Make Theft Right
Peter Schiff discusses in this video why the mob doesn’t have a right to steal his money, and he warns Americans about the continuing assault on the wealthy.
I have no doubt that the mob has the means to steal my money, the government has given them the means, we have destroyed the protections that were afforded [to] me by the constitution, and yes the mob does have the means to steal from me, but that doesn’t make it right. They do not have a . . . moral claim to my money.
Although Schiff is spot on in most respects here, he does erroneously say the government “has a right to tax” to fund the army and to support the government. To see how the legitimate functions of government can be financed non-coercively, read Craig Biddle’s “How Would Government Be Funded in a Free Society?”.
- An Interview with Andrew Schiff about Fishing Nets, Hut Gluts, and other Economic Matters
- Individualism vs. Collectivism: Our Future, Our Choice
- Independent Thinking, Morality, and Liberty
- How Would Government Be Funded in a Free Society?
Image: Wikimedia Commons
Posted in: Taxation
- Next Post: Help The Objective Standard Defend Your Values
- Previous Post: Paul Hsieh: “Speak out Against the Government Narrative” on ObamaCare
If you enjoy TOS Blog please make a donation to keep us blogging
- Announcements (152)
- Events (36)
- Ayn Rand and Objectivism (74)
- Business and Economics (61)
- Education and Pedagogy (22)
- Environmentalism (42)
- Foreign Policy and War (147)
- History (53)
- Individual Rights and Law (465)
- Philosophy (79)
- Ethics (16)
- Presidential Candidates (69)
- Productivity (15)
- Psychology (4)
- Religion (100)
- Romance (2)
- Science and Technology (87)
- Sports (11)
- The Arts (31)
Ideas presented in posts on TOS Blog are those of the authors of the posts and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Objective Standard. TOS Blog is powered by WordPress.