Here’s a great interview with Steve Simpson in which he argues that Americans need to recognize freedom of speech not as a permission to be granted when it suits social purposes, but as a right to be protected at all times. (The interview is in the first hour of the July 17 podcast.) For more on this subject, see Simpson’s article “Citizens United and the Battle for Free Speech in America,” which is also available in audio.
You might also like
- In Montana Case, Supreme Court Protects Free Speech, Again
- Steve Simpson on Cronyism, Corruption, and Government Power
- Institute for Justice’s Paul Sherman Clarifies Campaign Finance Law vs. Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of Speech Is Freedom to Think
- The Egalitarian Assault on Free Speech
- Obama’s Apology vs. Responsibility Regarding the Libyan Murderers