In his latest video, Peter Schiff observes that the government has no right to force any employer—no matter his religion—to provide “free” birth control for his employees. He discusses some of the absurdities that may result if the government assumes this right. And, as usual, Schiff points out that economically-illiterate policies such as this will only exacerbate the very problems that politicians say they want to fix. Worth a watch.
If you enjoyed this post, consider subscribing to The Objective Standard and making objective journalism a regular part of your life.
- An Interview with Andrew Schiff about Fishing Nets, Hut Gluts, and other Economic Matters
- Not Only Catholics Should be Angered by Birth Control Mandates
- Mandatory Health Insurance: Wrong for Massachusetts, Wrong for America
- How the Catholic Church Paved the Way for the Birth Control Mandate
- Review: How an Economy Grows and Why It Crashes by Peter D. Schiff and Andrew J. Schiff